1. All writers of submitted material must be 18 years of age or older on the date of submission, and each writer or writing team may not have earned more than $50,000 or the foreign equivalent (jointly or individually) for work as a screenwriter and/or fictional television writer.
2. Writers who reside in countries other than the United States are welcome to enter the contest; however, all scripts must be submitted in English and the entry fee shall be paid in US$. Entry in the competition is void where prohibited by law.
3. Judges, sponsors, administrators, and independent contractors who work with or for VRS Media Group, LLC and/or Film Fete Louisiane are not eligible to enter the competition, nor are their spouses or other immediate family members.
4. Scripts must be the original work of the author(s) and on the date of submission must be wholly owned and controlled by the author(s). If a script has been sold, is currently under option, is being produced, or is in any other way encumbered by a third party on the date of submission, the script is not eligible for an award. If a script is optioned, sold, or produced after it has been entered, it will remain eligible in this year’s contest.
5. Only original short subject screenplays are eligible for awards. Novels, short stories, stage plays, treatments, synopses, reality show concepts and spec scripts for existing TV series are not accepted in the contest.
6. Adaptations of books, plays, or any other source material written by another author are not eligible under any circumstances. A script that you have adapted from your own book, play, or other source material is eligible if you have retained all film and television rights to the property.
7. Submissions by mail must be postmarked or transmitted electronically on or before 11:59 p.m. Central Time, October 4, 2019. Any script submitted after this time will be disqualified.
8. The contest and its administrators are not responsible for submissions that are lost, stolen, or damaged in transit, and we cannot return scripts once they have been submitted. Entry fees are NOT refundable.
9. Once a script has been entered in the competition, under no circumstances will we accept substitutions of new drafts or corrected pages. If you wish to submit a revised draft of your screenplay, you must enter it as a new submission. (PLEASE NOTE: We do understand that you want the Judges to have the opportunity to read your very best work; therefore, as a special courtesy, if you advance to the Semi-Final Round of the contest you will be invited to send us the latest draft of your script for the final two rounds of judging completely free of charge. So, do keep revising and refining your script as the spirit moves!)
10. Decisions of the Judges are final and may not be disputed. Our Judges are instructed and agree to evaluate scripts based on our standard Judging Procedure; however, the VRS Media and its administrators may not be held responsible for any errors or omissions on the part of the Judges.
11. All works submitted MUST BE family-friendly and non-toxic. Any screenplay containing nudity, vulgarity, explicit sexuality, drug use, smoking and/or any act or reference that will be decided at the sole discretion of VRS Media as being "toxic" shall be disqualified.
12. The winning entry shall be produced into a short film and that short film shall be the exclusive property of VRS Media Group, LLC, however, the writer shall be given any and all residuals as would be customary. Plus the writer will continue to own the underlying intellectual property of their original screenplay.